Firmware updates for the Garmin Vivosmart 4 are rolled out once in a while to repair recognized points in addition to add new options. Many issues have been improved since Garmin trackers first reached the market and as one of many homeowners of this tracker, you have to be in a position to update it with none downside.
However, points happen from time to time as these gadgets aren’t excellent but it surely doesn’t imply that it’s a major problem. There’s all the time one thing you may do if your Vivosmart 4 received’t update and I’ll information you on this put up on how to troubleshoot your tracker to make it up-to-date.
For those that are in search of an answer to a special downside, drop in on our for we’ve already addressed a few of the most typical points with this cellphone. Browse by means of the web page to discover points which are comparable with yours and use the options we prompt. If they don’t be just right for you or if you continue to want our assist, contact us anytime by means of our .
If your Garmin Vivosmart isn’t updating correctly, right here’s what you need to do…
- Reboot your smartphone and Vivosmart 4.
- Update tracker by means of Garmin Connect Mobile.
- Update tracker utilizing Garmin Express.
- Factory reset Vivosmart 4 and update it.
First of all, you need to guarantee that the connection between your cellphone and your Vivosmart 4 is secure. To do so, reboot your cellphone first and join your tracker to a pc in order that will probably be rebooted.
Once each gadgets have been rebooted efficiently, strive updating your Vivosmart 4 by utilizing the Garmin Connect Mobile app on your smartphone. Updates have to be rolled out first earlier than your tracker can update its firmware. You will likely be notified if there are updates and if your tracker hasn’t been updated efficiently. If updating by means of the app received’t work, then the subsequent process could assist.
On your pc, download and set up Garmin Express. It’s about 86 MB in size so downloading it might take a number of seconds relying on your connection. Once the set up is completed, launch Garmin Express and join your Vivosmart 4 to your pc. Add the machine and every thing will likely be computerized right here on out. But be sure to even have a Garmin Connect account for it to work.
After doing this and the tracker continues to be not updating, manufacturing unit reset it and update it after that. It ought to work this time. Here’s how to reset your Garmin Vivosmart 4:
- Delete the Garmin Connect app from your cellphone.
- “Forget” the machine in your cellphone’s Bluetooth settings and disable Bluetooth on your cellphone, then reboot your cellphone.
- Clamp the VivoSmart into its charger, and plug it into your pc.
- Erase all recordsdata and directories on the VivoSmart when it comes up as a USB drive on your pc.
- Eject the VivoSmart USB machine from your pc.
- Disconnect the VivoSmart from the charger
- Re-install Garmin Connect on your cellphone.
- Re-enable Bluetooth on your cellphone.
- Put your Vivosmart into “pairing mode” — documented in your guide — and re-pair your VivoSmart as beneath:
- Open Garmin Connect Mobile on your cellphone.
- Touch the Home Menu button
- Touch Devices
- Touch the “+” within the upper-right nook
- Touch Health and Fitness
- Touch vivosmart
- Follow the on-screen prompts to full the pairing course of
I hope that we’ve been in a position to allow you to repair the issue with your machine. We would admire it if you helped us unfold the phrase so please share this put up if you discovered it useful. Thank you a lot for studying!