Today’s troubleshooting episode solutions one other difficulty a couple of Galaxy S9 that won’t charge when using an in-vehicle wireless charger. If you’ve this particular drawback by yourself S9 as effectively, take a look at the issues which you can attempt under.
Before we proceed, we wish to remind you that if you might be in search of options to your individual #Android difficulty, you may contact us by using the link supplied on the backside of this web page. When describing your difficulty, please be as detailed as doable so we are able to simply pinpoint a related resolution. If you may, kindly embrace the precise error messages you might be getting to give us an thought the place to begin. If you’ve already tried some troubleshooting steps earlier than emailing us, be sure to point out them so we are able to skip them in our solutions.
Problem: Galaxy S9 won’t charge using car wireless charger
I can’t get my S9 to wirelessly charge in my 2016 Chevy Malibu. My car has the wireless charging station that’s positioned in entrance of the armrest. I’ve checked the battery settings and eliminated the case from the telephone. I’ve additionally reached out to the vendor however they’re of no help. Thank you.
Solution: Knowing the place the issue lies is essential in fixing this drawback. For this case, the difficulty could attributable to an app or software bug, a defective charger, or a malfunction. Below are the troubleshooting steps that you simply want to do to remedy this drawback.
Check quick wireless charging is enabled
Your Galaxy S9 may very well be charging wirelessly nevertheless it’s so gradual that it hardly make the battery stage go up. Make certain that quick wireless charging is enabled earlier than charging it once more. This is what you want to do:
- Remove the telephone out of your wireless charger.
- Open Settings app.
- Tap Device upkeep.
- Tap Battery.
- Tap Advanced settings.
- Enable quick wireless charging possibility.
If quick wireless charging has been on all alongside even earlier than you seen the difficulty, the following good factor to do is to drive restart the telephone. This simulates the impact of disconnecting the battery, refreshing the system and clearing doable momentary bugs that stops wireless charging from working.
- Press and maintain the Power + Volume Down buttons for roughly 10 seconds or till the machine energy cycles. Allow a number of seconds for the Maintenance Boot Mode display screen to seem.
- From the Maintenance Boot Mode display screen, choose Normal Boot. You can use the quantity buttons to cycle via the obtainable choices and the decrease left button (under the quantity buttons) to choose. Wait for up to 90 seconds for the reset to full.
Remove protecting case
Some protecting instances could function a magnet in them that may intrude with wireless charging. To examine if you’ve an issue together with your case, merely take away it. Then, wireless charge the telephone once more and see what occurs.
If you’re not using any protecting case in your telephone, simply skip this suggestion.
Move the telephone to the center of the pad when charging
Sometimes, inserting the telephone within the facet of the pad is probably not the optimum place. Try to place the telephone within the center and see if there’s a distinction.
Ensure wireless charger is working or plugged in
We don’t know what sort of wireless charger you’ve in your car however one fundamental factor that you have to guarantee is to examine if it’s working. Is it correctly plugged in? If you might be using a built-in wireless charger and you may’t examine the wire, carry your car to the dealership and allow them to examine the wireless charger functionality.
On your telephone, at all times preserve it a degree to set up updates each time they change into obtainable. Also, guarantee that all apps are updated on a regular basis to reduce the probabilities of bugs that trigger issues.
Observe in protected mode
To examine if a downloaded app is interfering with Android and inflicting wireless charging to not work correctly, attempt to restart your S9 to protected mode. In this mode, all third social gathering apps will likely be suspended. If your S9 prices wirelessly on protected mode solely, you’ve an app drawback.
To boot your S9 Plus to protected mode:
- Turn the machine off.
- Press and maintain the Power key previous the mannequin title display screen.
- When “SAMSUNG” seems on the display screen, launch the Power key.
- Immediately after releasing the Power key, press and maintain the Volume down key.
- Continue to maintain the Volume down key till the machine finishes restarting.
- Safe mode will show within the backside left nook of the display screen.
- Release the Volume down key whenever you see Safe Mode.
- Charge your telephone and examine for the issue.
To establish which of your apps is inflicting the difficulty, you must boot the telephone again to protected mode and comply with these steps:
- Boot to protected mode.
- Check for the issue.
- Once you’ve confirmed third social gathering app is to blame, you can begin uninstalling apps individually. We counsel that you simply start with the latest ones you added.
- After you uninstall an app, restart the telephone to regular mode and examine for the issue.
- If your S9 continues to be problematic, repeat steps 1-Four.
Use authentic Samsung wireless charger
Your Galaxy S9 could not charge using different wireless chargers. If wireless charging didn’t work in your car’s wireless charger ever since, it’s correctly not appropriate together with your S9. Keep in thoughts that not all wireless chargers work with Galaxy gadgets. Talk to your car producer or vendor to examine for compatibility data.
Reset app preferences
Resetting app preferences is oftentimes missed in lots of Android troubleshooting articles however when it comes to a problem like yours, it would assist quite a bit. It’s doable that one or a few of your default apps is probably not set accurately, inflicting this glitch to happen. Because there’s no approach to know if this guess is true, what you want to do is to merely make sure that all default apps are turned on. Here’s how to do that:
- Open Settings app.
- Tap Apps.
- Tap on More settings on the higher proper (three-dot icon).
- Select Reset app preferences.
- Restart your S9and examine for the issue.
Lastly, attempt to wipe your telephone and return all software settings again to their defaults with a manufacturing facility reset. This is an inevitable resolution that you must do if all our solutions above won’t assist. To manufacturing facility reset your S9:
- Create a backup of your knowledge.
- Turn off the machine.
- Press and maintain the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and maintain the Power key.
- When the inexperienced Android brand shows, launch all keys (‘Installing system update’ will present for about 30 – 60 seconds earlier than displaying the Android system restoration menu choices).
- Press the Volume down key a number of occasions to spotlight ‘wipe knowledge / manufacturing facility reset’.
- Press Power button to choose.
- Press the Volume down key till ‘Yes — delete all person knowledge’ is highlighted.
- Press Power button to choose and begin the grasp reset.
- When the grasp reset is full, ‘Reboot system now’ is highlighted.
- Press the Power key to restart the machine.
Engage with us
If you might be one of many customers who encounters an issue together with your machine, tell us. We provide options for Android-related issues for free so if you’ve a problem together with your Android machine, merely fill within the quick questionnaire in and we are going to attempt to publish our solutions within the subsequent posts. We can not assure a fast response so if your difficulty is time delicate, please discover one other approach to resolve your drawback.
If you discover this put up useful, please assist us by spreading the phrase to your folks. TheDroidGuy has social community presence as effectively so it’s your decision to work together with our neighborhood in our Facebook and Google+ pages.