Moving files between Samsung gadgets is simple, thanks largely to their intuitive Smart Switch app. In this text, we present you the three strategies which you can strive to do that job. We extremely advocate that you simply stick to the official strategies to keep away from placing your information or machine safety in danger.
Before we proceed, we would like to remind you that in case you are searching for options to your personal #Android problem, you may contact us through the use of the link supplied on the backside of this web page. When describing your problem, please be as detailed as attainable so we will simply pinpoint a related resolution. If you may, kindly embody the precise error messages you’re getting to give us an concept the place to begin. If you’ve gotten already tried some troubleshooting steps earlier than emailing us, be certain that to point out them so we will skip them in our solutions.
How to transfer files from your old Samsung to Galaxy S10
Below are the 3 ways to transfer files from your old Samsung cellphone to your new Galaxy S10.
Method 1: Transfer files from your old Samsung to Galaxy S10 utilizing Smart Switch
Moving files between Samsung gadgets is greatest completed with the assistance of Smart Switch. This app is the official content material mover developed by Samsung itself so it is extremely steady and simple to use. We extremely advocate that you simply use Smart Switch when transferring your files from your old machine to your Galaxy S10. Here’s the way it’s completed:
- If you’ve gotten an older Samsung S machine (Galaxy S6 and under), or you probably have a non-Galaxy cellphone or pill, it’s possible you’ll want to set up Smart Switch first. You can get the app from Google Play Store. Smart Switch comes pre-installed on Samsung Galaxy S7 and newer variations. Once you’ve put in Smart Switch on your old machine, proceed to step 2.
- On your Galaxy S10, open Smart Switch app, faucet Wireless > Receive. Then, choose your old cellphone.
- On your old Samsung, open Smart Switch app, faucet Wireless > Send > Connect. Since the S10 is prepared, it ought to join to it routinely.
- If you need, you can even join your Galaxy S10 utilizing the PIN code displayed on the display.
- After you’ve established a connection between the 2 gadgets, choose the info you need to transfer from the old cellphone to your S10.
- Then, faucet SEND on the backside.
- Wait for the transfer to end.
- Tap FINISH when completed.
Method 2: Transfer files from your old Samsung to Galaxy S10 through NFC
If your machine has NFC functionality, you can even use it to transfer files to your new Galaxy S10. NFC stands for Near Field Communication. It’s principally a know-how that permits information to be moved wirelessly between gadgets utilizing electromagnetic induction. If your old Samsung has NFC functionality, it’s one other various to transfer your files to your S10. Here’s what you could do:
- Turn on NFC on each gadgets. The common steps ought to be to open Settings app, the faucet on More Settings > NFC.
- Connect each gadgets wirelessly by touching them again to again. Once you’re feeling slight vibration or hear a notification sound, that’s your cue that they’re now wirelessly linked through electromagnetic induction.
- If Wi-Fi direct is off, NFC between gadgets might not work. Wi-Fi direct is enabled by default however in order for you to flip it on, simply go to Settings.
- Select the info sort to transfer. Some of the chosen file varieties supported by NFC transfer contains contacts, calendar, S Notes, Photos, DRM-free music, movies, and paperwork.
- Once you’ve chosen the supported file sort, faucet on Transfer.
- Tap OK to verify.
Method three: Transfer files from your old Samsung to Galaxy S10 utilizing third celebration apps
There are additionally unofficial methods to transfer files from your old Samsung to your Galaxy S10. This technique entails putting in a 3rd celebration app. This has its advantages and dangers. While some non-Samsung apps might provide options that aren’t in Smart Switch, some might also be dangerous. Apps of this sort usually have entry to contents it’s possible you’ll not need others to see and since there’s no direct approach to know whether or not or not an app does what it guarantees to do, it’s possible you’ll be compromising your cellphone in case you use them. There are many apps within the Play Store that you should utilize however we received’t vouch for them. Use these apps at your personal threat.
Engage with us
If you’re one of many customers who encounters an issue with your machine, tell us. We provide options for Android-related issues for free so you probably have a difficulty with your Android machine, merely fill within the brief questionnaire in and we are going to strive to publish our solutions within the subsequent posts. We can not assure a fast response so if your problem is time delicate, please discover one other approach to resolve your downside.
If you discover this submit useful, please assist us by spreading the phrase to your associates. TheDroidGuy has social community presence as properly so you might have considered trying to work together with our neighborhood in our Facebook and Twitter pages.