Hello Android followers! This submit will inform you what to do in case your Galaxy Tab S4 has determined to cease charging for some motive.
Before we proceed, we would like to remind you that if you’re on the lookout for options to your personal #Android issue, you possibly can contact us by utilizing the link offered on the backside of this web page. When describing your issue, please be as detailed as doable so we are able to simply pinpoint a related answer. If you possibly can, kindly embrace the precise error messages you might be getting to give us an concept the place to begin. If you have got already tried some troubleshooting steps earlier than emailing us, ensure to point out them so we are able to skip them in our solutions.
How to troubleshoot a Galaxy Tab S4 that received’t charge
If your Galaxy Tab S4 has stopped charging, there could also be an app, software bug, or malfunction inflicting it. To fix the issue, comply with our solutions under.
Sometimes, Android could fail to load usually due to a brief bug. To see if the bug can simply be mounted by refreshing the system, you possibly can simulate the impact of disconnecting the battery. Here’s how that’s accomplished:
- Press and maintain the Power + Volume Down buttons for roughly 10 seconds or till the system energy cycles. Allow a number of seconds for the Maintenance Boot Mode display to seem.
- From the Maintenance Boot Mode display, choose Normal Boot. You can use the amount buttons to cycle by way of the accessible choices and the decrease left button (under the amount buttons) to choose. Wait for up to 90 seconds for the reset to full.
Use one other set of charging equipment
If your Galaxy Tab S4 was beforehand charging usually however then stopped, there could also be an issue with the charging cable or adapter or each. Tiny wires contained in the charging cable can break for those who’re not cautious. This is the same old motive why a USB cable stops working. If doable, attempt getting an official Samsung cable and adapter and see if that can fix the issue.
Alternatively, you possibly can borrow a brand new set from another person, or go to your native Samsung retailer to charge.
Check the port
If you’re constructive that you simply’re utilizing a recognized, working cable and adapter, the following good factor to do is to examine if there’s any seen defect on the charging port. Your Galaxy Tab S4 could cease charging be due to a quite a few issues:
- corrosion can set in for those who beforehand uncovered your cellphone to seawater or some other liquid aside from contemporary water.
- careless utilization can also injury the port for those who don’t correctly deal with your cellphone whereas charging.
- utilizing unofficial charging equipment could injury the charging system due to incompatibility.
- presence of filth or international objects within the charging port could jam it or forestall the charging cable from working correctly whereas charging.
If you suppose the port is soiled or has particles or lint inside, attempt to use a can of compressed air to blow them out. Avoid sticking something within the port to reduce the prospect of inflicting everlasting injury.
Check for moisture
While your Galaxy Tab S4 can survive occasional splashes and rain, it could not permit you to charge in any respect if the charging port is moist, or if there’s presence of moisture inside.If your system is displaying “Moisture detected” error, that’s a sign that the charging port wants drying up earlier than it could actually charge once more. Moisture detected error has been noticed in positioned with excessive humidity. If you might be in a location with excessive humidity, or for those who beforehand moist your cellphone, you need to take into account air drying it. In order to forestall injury to the system, Samsung designs its water resistant gadgets not to permit charging when there’s moisture within the charging port. To be certain that the charging port is totally dry, attempt to put the system in a spot with room temperature and let it sit there for a number of hours. Water naturally evaporates even in room temperature. You may also gently shake the cellphone to dislodge any doable presence of water within the port. Alternatively, you possibly can place your cellphone inside a plastic bag and pour rice into it. Leave the cellphone in there for not less than 48 hours to permit rice to take up the liquid.
If you’ve already dried the cellphone utilizing dwelling treatments however the issue stays, have it dried professionally.
Charge utilizing a pc
Some customers previously have been in a position to fix charging points previously by charging their system through a pc. If you haven’t tried this trick, be certain to do it. It’s easy and simple to do.
Charge on Safe Mode
If your system nonetheless works usually, attempt to restart it to protected mode earlier than charging it once more. This ought to let you realize if an app is stopping it from charging. When on protected mode, no third half app will probably be allowed to run. So, in case your Galaxy Tab S4 fees solely on protected mode, that’s a transparent signal of an app inflicting an issue.
To boot your Galaxy Tab S4 to protected mode:
- Turn the system off.
- Press and maintain the Power key previous the mannequin title display.
- When “SAMSUNG” seems on the display, launch the Power key.
- Immediately after releasing the Power key, press and maintain the Volume down key.
- Continue to maintain the Volume down key till the system finishes restarting.
- Safe mode will show within the backside left nook of the display.
- Release the Volume down key once you see Safe Mode.
- Charge the cellphone.
To establish which of your apps is inflicting the difficulty, you need to boot the cellphone again to protected mode and comply with these steps:
- Boot to protected mode.
- Check for the issue.
- Once you’ve confirmed third occasion app is to blame, you can begin uninstalling apps individually. We recommend that you simply start with the latest ones you added.
- After you uninstall an app, restart the cellphone to regular mode and examine for the issue.
- If your Galaxy Tab S4 remains to be problematic, repeat steps 1-Four.
Reset app preferences
Apps can turn out to be an issue for quite a few causes however one of the crucial frequent trigger is due to a disabled default app or service. In order to do a sure process, most apps rely on default Samsung or Android apps. If, for some motive, a crucial default app has been disabled, third occasion apps which may want it could not work correctly. Such a scenario can lead to issues. To be certain that all default apps are enabled, attempt to reset your app preferences with these steps:
- Open Settings app.
- Tap Apps.
- Tap More settings (three-dot) icon on the higher proper.
- Tap Reset app preferences.
Reset all settings
Another good factor to do on this case is to return software settings of the system to their defaults with out doing a manufacturing unit reset. This is normally efficient when coping with points due to some misconfiguration. Here’s how:
- From the Home display, swipe up on an empty spot to open the Apps tray.
- Tap Settings > General Management > Reset > Reset settings.
- Tap RESET SETTINGS.
- If you have got arrange a PIN, enter it.
- Tap RESET SETTINGS.
- The system will restart to carry out the reset of settings.
An usually forgotten approach to reduce bugs and, at occasions, fix recognized issues straight, is putting in updates. Be certain to hold the system updated by putting in updates for each Android and apps.
A drastic approach to fix most software-related issues is manufacturing unit reset. You solely need to do that answer if not one of the solutions received’t assist.
- Back up information on the inner reminiscence. If you have got signed right into a Samsung account on the system, you have got activated Anti-theft and can want your Samsung credentials to end the grasp reset.
- Turn off the system.
- Press and maintain the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and maintain the Power key.
- When the inexperienced Android emblem shows, launch all keys (‘Installing system update’ will present for about 30 – 60 seconds earlier than displaying the Android system restoration menu choices).
- Press the Volume down key a number of occasions to spotlight ‘wipe information / manufacturing unit reset’.
- Press Power button to choose.
- Press the Volume down key till ‘Yes — delete all consumer information’ is highlighted.
- Press Power button to choose and begin the grasp reset.
- When the grasp reset is full, ‘Reboot system now’ is highlighted.
- Press the Power key to restart the system.
Get Samsung assist
If nothing has modified after you’ve exhausted all troubleshooting steps above, you need to contact Samsung to arrange restore or alternative request. As an finish consumer, you possibly can solely achieve this a lot to troubleshoot an issue like this. You ought to let a Samsung technician examine the to fix the issue.
Engage with us
If you might be one of many customers who encounters an issue along with your system, tell us. We supply options for Android-related issues for free so in case you have an issue along with your Android system, merely fill within the brief questionnaire in and we are going to attempt to publish our solutions within the subsequent posts. We can’t assure a fast response so in case your issue is time delicate, please discover one other approach to resolve your downside.
If you discover this submit useful, please assist us by spreading the phrase to your mates. TheDroidGuy has social community presence as effectively so it’s your decision to work together with our neighborhood in our Facebook and Google+ pages.