While it’s not on a regular basis telephone fails to detect an SD card, the issue is among the most irritating points anyone can encounter. If your Galaxy A5 is having an issue detecting an SD card, comply with our troubleshooting steps under.
Before we proceed, we wish to remind you that if you’re searching for options to your personal #Android issue, you possibly can contact us through the use of the link offered on the backside of this web page. When describing your issue, please be as detailed as attainable so we are able to simply pinpoint a related resolution. If you possibly can, kindly embody the precise error messages you might be getting to give us an concept the place to begin. If you have got already tried some troubleshooting steps earlier than emailing us, be certain to point out them so we are able to skip them in our solutions.
Problem: Galaxy A5 received’t learn SD card
Hi. I’ve a Samsung Galaxy A5 and I’ve been utilizing an SD card for greater than a 12 months now with no bother. Suddenly, sooner or later it stops studying it. The remainder of the telephone works simply wonderful. The card nor the telephone have skilled any bother in any respect. I attempted eradicating it and placing it again in, and restarting the telephone however nonetheless doesn’t learn it. What can I do?
Solution: Troubleshooting an issue like this isn’t easy and requires endurance. Below are the troubleshooting steps which you can strive:
Check SD card with one other telephone
One of the primary issues that you really want to set up early on is to know whether or not or not you have got an SD card issue. To do this, you possibly can insert the one you have got an issue with to one other telephone and see if it should learn it. If the second telephone received’t additionally learn the SD card, which means it isn’t working. It could also be corrupted. On the opposite hand, if the second telephone detects it and reads information in it, the reason for your downside should be phone-related. If that’s the case, you possibly can proceed with the troubleshooting under.
Use one other SD card
To verify if there’s an issue along with your telephone, insert a second SD card. Borrow one from a pal, or purchase one. If your Galaxy A5 will nonetheless not acknowledge that SD card, you possibly can guess there’s a telephone issue you want to cope with.
App or software bug
If your Galaxy A5 detects the second SD card although, it will possibly imply that both there’s a software bug that forestalls your machine from detecting the card. This bug could also be due to an app or one thing from the Operating System.
To see if it’s a bug issue, strive to restart your telephone to protected mode. Here’s how:
- Turn the machine off.
- Take out the SD card.
- Press and maintain the Power key previous the mannequin title display.
- When “SAMSUNG” seems on the display, launch the Power key.
- Immediately after releasing the Power key, press and maintain the Volume down key.
- Continue to maintain the Volume down key till the machine finishes restarting.
- Safe mode will show within the backside left nook of the display.
- Release the Volume down key once you see Safe Mode.
- Insert the SD card and see in case your A5 detects it.
Remember, no downloaded apps will run on protected mode. So, in case your A5 solely reads your SD card on protected mode, which means one of many apps is inflicting the issue. To determine which of your apps is inflicting the difficulty, you need to boot the telephone again to protected mode and comply with these steps:
- Boot to protected mode.
- Check for the issue.
- Once you’ve confirmed third get together app is to blame, you can begin uninstalling apps individually. We recommend that you simply start with the latest ones you added.
- After you uninstall an app, restart the telephone to regular mode and test for the issue.
- If your A5 continues to be problematic, repeat steps 1-Four.
Reset app preferences
Apps can turn out to be an issue for a lot of causes however one of the crucial widespread trigger is due to a disabled default app or service. In order to do a sure process, most apps rely on default Samsung or Android apps. If, for some purpose, a crucial default app has been disabled, third get together apps that may want it could not work correctly. Such a scenario can lead to issues. To be sure that all default apps are enabled, strive to reset your app preferences with these steps:
- Open Settings app.
- Tap Apps.
- Tap More settings (three-dot) icon on the higher proper.
- Tap Reset app preferences.
If you suppose that the issue lies on the SD card itself, what you are able to do is to reformat it. Afterwards, insert it again to your Galaxy A5 and see what occurs.
We recommend that you simply reformat the SD card utilizing your A5. NOTE: Doing this step will erase all contents in that card.
To reformat an SD card:
- Turn off the telephone.
- Insert the SD card.
- Turn the telephone again on.
- Open Settings app.
- Tap Device upkeep.
- Tap Storage.
- Tap SD card.
- Tap More settings (higher proper)
- Tap Storage settings.
- Tap SD card.
- Tap Format.
If your Galaxy A5 received’t learn any SD card you insert, it’s attainable that there could also be a software bug inflicting it. To test, revert all its settings to their defaults with manufacturing facility reset.
- Back up information within the inner reminiscence. If you have got signed right into a Samsung account on the machine, you have got activated Anti-theft and can want your Samsung credentials to end the grasp reset.
- Turn off the machine.
- Press and maintain the Volume Up key and the Home key, then press and maintain the Power key.
- When the inexperienced Android brand shows, launch all keys (‘Installing system update’ will present for about 30 – 60 seconds earlier than displaying the Android system restoration menu choices).
- Press the Volume down key a number of instances to spotlight ‘wipe information / manufacturing facility reset’.
- Press Power button to choose.
- Press the Volume down key till ‘Yes — delete all person information’ is highlighted.
- Press Power button to choose and begin the grasp reset.
- When the grasp reset is full, ‘Reboot system now’ is highlighted.
- Press the Power key to restart the machine.
Get Samsung help
If your A5 received’t learn any SD card even after a manufacturing facility reset, there should be an issue with its . It could be a dangerous SD card tray or one other part inside. Send it in for restore to resolve the issue.
Engage with us
If you might be one of many customers who encounters an issue along with your machine, tell us. We supply options for Android-related issues for free so if in case you have an issue along with your Android machine, merely fill within the brief questionnaire in and we’ll strive to publish our solutions within the subsequent posts. We can not assure a fast response so in case your issue is time delicate, please discover one other method to resolve your downside.
If you discover this publish useful, please assist us by spreading the phrase to your mates. TheDroidGuy has social community presence as nicely so you might have considered trying to work together with our group in our Facebook and Google+ pages.