Changing your Wifi name or SSID and password varies from router to router though the overall precept is identical. Each router has its personal default gateway handle and so you will have to know that first earlier than you possibly can truly entry its settings. Then, additionally, you will want the username and password to have the option to entry the settings and with out these, it might be unattainable to change your Wifi name and password. But don’t fear as I’ll stroll you thru in each step of the way in which and with that being stated, right here’s what you want to do…
Regardless of the mannequin of your router, let’s assume that you just don’t know the default gateway so we’ll begin with that. If you already realize it, then proceed to the suitable steps beneath.
In your pc, open the Command Prompt by typing Windows+R and coming into CMD within the textual content area. Hit enter after that.
- Once the Command Prompt is open, sort ipconfig and hit enter.
- Find the Default Gateway and copy the IP handle (4 units of numbers separated by dots) on a bit of paper.
- Open up your most well-liked browser, sort the IP handle you discovered into the handle field, and then press Enter.
- You’ll be requested to enter the router’s username and password to log in. If you’ve by no means modified these earlier than, you’ll be utilizing the default login credentials.
- In most routers, the default username is “admin” and the password is both black or “admin” as nicely. But one of the best ways to know the login credentials is to take a look at the again or backside of the router. The username and password needs to be there. Once you will have them, enter them into their respective area and hit enter.
- After logging into your router, search for the Wi-Fi settings.
- You’ll see a setting named one thing like “SSID” or “Network name”. These are the identical factor—the name of your Wifi community. Below it needs to be the password or passphrase area.
- Change the name and password and hit Enter, OK, Save or Apply.
- Your router will then reboot for the modifications to take impact and it could take a minute or two.
- Once up and prepared, the router will now broadcast a unique SSID or Wifi name. You should let your gadgets join to the brand new community.
As far as altering the wifi name and password is worried, that’s all you want to do. I hope that this easy tutorial may also help you a technique or one other.
Connect with us
We are at all times open to your issues, questions and ideas, so really feel free to contact us by . This is a free service we provide and we received’t cost you a penny for it. But please be aware that we obtain a whole lot of emails day by day and it’s unattainable for us to reply to each single considered one of them. But relaxation assured we learn each message we obtain. For these whom we’ve helped, please unfold the phrase by sharing our posts to your mates or by merely liking our Facebook and Google+ web page or observe us on Twitter.