If you’re having an issue connecting with the (VPN) Virtual Private Network, after updating to Windows 10 then this text is for you. Here take a look at “how to repair the VPN not working after Windows 10 update” concern.
Nowadays the presence of VPN options within the computing applied sciences has reached its peak.
And as Windows 10 is the extremely used working system, due to this fact an enormous mass of the Virtual Private Networks (VPN) run on Microsoft’s Windows.
This additionally works properly within the Windows 10 system however after the discharge of the most important Windows updates like April 2018 (Build 1803), October update (Build 1809) and the most recent May 2019 update (Build 1903) sure points are encountered by the customers.
Every main tends to make some modifications to the adapter settings and in consequence, make it unusable within the course of.
Users are discovered reporting on the boards thread the VPN connection not working, can not join to VPN Windows 10?, why has VPN stopped working? and plenty extra.
Well, these are fairly frequent points seen after the discharge of each main new launch in Windows 10.
So, if you’re the one troubled with the VPN connection points or errors after Windows 10 update. Then take a look at the attainable workarounds to repair Windows 10 VPN not working error.
Please Note – The options given works with all main updates VPN errors comparable to Windows 10 VPN not working after update 1803, Windows 10 VPN not working after update 1809, Windows 10 VPN not working after update 1903.
How to Fix VPN Connection Do Not Work after Windows 10 Updates
#Fix 1: Update Windows 10
Very first you want to update the Windows 10 working system with the most recent version. Many customers confirmed they mounted the VPN points after updating Windows 10 with the most recent updates.
So be certain that to update the Windows 10 with all the most recent updates. Follow the steps to accomplish that:
- Press Windows key + I > go to the Settings app.
- And select Updates & Security.
- Now select Windows Update
- Lastly, click on on “Check for updates” button.
Hope to set up the most recent updates works for you to troubleshoot VPN connection not working in Windows 10 after update.
# Fix 2: Reinstall VPN
If earlier than updating the Windows 10 OS your VPN connection is working tremendous, then it’s recommended to reinstall the VPN.
The reinstallation is the re-integration of the VPN into the modified system environment and labored for a lot of customers to repair the VPN connection not working concern.
So, it’s price to attempt reinstalling the VPN. Hope this works in your case as properly.
Follow the steps to accomplish that:
- Go to Search bar > sort cmd > open Control Panel
- Then from the Category view,> beneath Programs click on Uninstall a program.
- And right-click on the VPN resolution > click on Uninstall.
Well, more often than not uninstalling any program manually received’t take away this system fully. Some of its traces and registry entries are left behind which will trigger concern the following time you put in this system.
So, it’s price to uninstall this system utilizing the third occasion Uninstaller program.
Now after uninstalling the VPN attempt reinstalling the VPN and test the Windows 10 VPN not working after update 1803 is mounted or not.
If not then head to the following resolution
# Fix three: Edit Registry Entries
Some tech-savvy customers reported the VPN connection concern is resolved through the use of the Registry Editor. Of course, that is dangerous as a small mistake can harm your complete system.
So, if you’re not technically superior then use the automated , to restore registry entries, , and points robotically.
Or else observe the guide resolution then be certain that to be cautious and keep away from deleting something there.
Follow the steps given to entry Registry Editor and re-enable VPN in Windows 10:
- Go to Search bar > sort regedit > from the checklist open regedit
- And again up the registry > transfer to the given location:
- Next, right-click on the clean space in the fitting aspect window > select New > DWORD.
- Then title the brand new DWORD enter AssumeUDPEncapsulationContextOnSendRule
- And change the worth to 2 > put it aside.
- Lastly, exit Registry Editor > reboot your system.
Hope, this works for you and the VPN connection begins working once more in Windows 10.
# Fix four: Disable IPv6
The downside may happen due to the confliction with the Internet Protocol, so right here you want to test the connection settings (particularly IPv6).
Here you want to disable the IPv6; nonetheless, you’ll be able to attempt disabling IPv4 and follow IPv6 additionally.
Follow the steps to disable IPv6:
- In the search bar > sort Control > open Control Panel
- Open Network and Internet > then Network and Sharing Center.
- Now from the left pane select “Change adapter settings”.
- Next, right-click on VPN community adapter > open Properties
- And uncheck the field subsequent to IPv6 > save modifications.
- After that attempt operating VPN
Check if disabling the IPv6 works for you to repair Windows 10 VPN not working after update 1809, after which attempt enabling the IPv6 once more.
Follow the steps to allow IPv6 in your system
- First go to Start > sort cmd > open Command Prompt (as admin)
- And paste the given command > hit Enter:
- netsh int ipv6 set locality state=allow
- Exit the Command Prompt window
- And restart your PC
# Fix 5: Configure Firewall
Windows Firewall received’t enable the unsecured or unauthorized connection to the system. So, it would occur this may increasingly disable or lock the request from the VPN software.
Follow the steps to accomplish that:
- In the Cortana search bar,> sort firewall > select “Allow an app by means of Windows Firewall”.
- Next click on on the Change settings button.
- And within the checklist, search the VPN software. Assure each the Public and Private networks are enabled.
- If you received’t discover your software, find it manually utilizing Allow one other app
- And save modifications > attempt connecting by means of VPN
Hope this works for you to resolve VPN not working after Windows 10 update.
#Fix 6: Reinstall WAN MiniPorts Drivers
WAN Miniports are drivers for a number of varieties of community connection like WAN Miniport (IP), WAN Miniport(IPv6) & WAN Miniport (PPTP) used for VPN connections.
Follow the steps to reinstall WAN MiniPorts drivers
- First open Device Manager > find Network Adapters
- Then uninstall WAN Miniport (IP), WAN Miniport(IPv6) and WAN Miniport (PPTP).
- Next click on Action > and scan for modifications
- And the adapters, you simply uninstalled come again.
Try connecting once more and hope this works for you to repair Windows 10VPN connection not working.
Well, you can even update the driver robotically by operating the Driver Booster, this scan and repair the driver points robotically.
# Fix 7: Troubleshoot Connection
Well, if not one of the above-given fixes works for you, then this could be presumably a connection concern.
Here, attempt the fast troubleshooting steps as this may increasingly repair the VPN connection not working for Windows 10.
Follow the essential connection troubleshooting steps:
- Disable the router’s firewall
- Update the router’s firmware
- Reset the router /or modem.
- Flush the DNS.
- Run the essential Connection troubleshooter.
- Restart linked companies.
- Lastly, reset router or modem to manufacturing unit settings.
Hope these fixes be just right for you and the Windows 10 VPN connection began working once more. Read the information to .
# Fix eight: Utilize Rasphone.exe
It is estimated the above-given fixes be just right for you and you’re able to repair the home windows 10 VPN not working after update 1903 and every other update. But if nonetheless unable to join to VPN then right here you want to use the tool named rasphone.exe.
Here observe the steps to entry the present VPN connections:
- Very first, create a brand new shortcut in your desktop to:
- Next, double click on the brand new shortcut > a brand new interface seems:
- From right here select > check your VPN connection.
And this can give entry to the normal dial-up tool, and hope this works completely.
#Fix 9: Perform a Factory Reset
Well, if not one of the above-given fixes works for you then the final choice left with us is reset your PC/laptop computer to manufacturing unit settings.
But earlier than performing this, guarantee to again up your complete information. And if you’re not certain how to reset your Windows 10 system to default settings, learn the article – .
Check your Windows PC/laptop computer Health
Well, in case your system is performing sluggishly, crashing or hanging whereas performing any activity then it’s recommended to scan your system with the PC Repair Tool. This is succesful to repair numerous cussed laptop points, shield you from file loss, scan for virus/malware, and others. It is simple to use, and simply by scanning as soon as improve the Windows PC efficiency.
Well, that’s all, hope the given options be just right for you to repair the VPN not working after Windows 10 update.
But if you’re nonetheless dealing with scuffling with VPN stopped working after Windows 10 update then the one choice left is to contact the Microsoft and the VPN supplier.
However, if you’re utilizing the enterprise community, then contact the community administrator. One could aid you to do away with the VPN connection downside in Windows 10.
Moreover, if you’re having any query, suggestion concerning the one offered then really feel free to contact us within the remark part beneath.